Greetings Hopewell Family!
Beginning June 28, we will offer two ways to worship on Sundays; In-Person Worship and Online Worship. As we gather again for worship in our building there will be many new procedures. The church council formed a committee in April to begin planning our return to worship at Hopewell. This committee has read the guidelines given by the North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church and has purchased needed cleaning supplies, developed logistics for moving around the building, established procedures for cleaning as well as entering and exiting the building.
Many of the guidelines shared from the conference, the Department of Community Health, and the CDC warn that people over the age of 65 or with a compromised immune system should not attend in-person worship. I advise everyone who may have doubts about whether they should attend worship to check with their primary care doctor. We will do our best to keep people separated at a safe distance, but this virus is sneaky and spreads quickly. If one person who attends worship becomes sick with the virus, everyone, including staff will have to be quarantined
for 14 days.
Remember this is temporary!
Online worship will be posted on Sunday afternoons on YouTube, Facebook, and the church’s website. The in-person service will begin at 10:30 with music beginning at 10:15.
In-person guidelines everyone must follow:
- Physical Distancing must be followed.
- Everyone must wear a mask. Mask will be available at the church if you forget yours.
- Bring a bottle of hand sanitizer- if you touch your face, sanitizer your hands. We will have small bottles of hand sanitizer if you forget yours.
- Before you enter the building have your mask on and offering ready. There will be a hand sanitizing station near the front door and side entrance with offering baskets will be in the gathering area.
- Ushers will seat you from the front of the church to be back. Thank you for your understanding as we will have to change our regular places of sitting.
- We will have seating 6 feet apart and families will be able to sit together.
- We will have music but no congregational singing.
- There will be no bulletins or paper in the pews.
- We will have space for around 40 in the sanctuary and are researching a check-in system so we can keep track of how many people are attending each Sunday.
- We will have bathrooms in use but limited to two people or 1 family in the bathroom at a time.
- We will continue to offer drive-through communion and to be creative with ways to gather.
If you are part of a small group. Please resume meeting, just not inside the church. Meet outside on front porches or in driveways.
If you have a church friend that you cannot wait to see, see them now! Call and have a driveway meet up. Don’t wait!
Thank you for your continued support of the church. I look forward to seeing some of you in worship, in drive-through communion, and talking with you on the phone.
More information about returning to worship will be shared over the next few weeks.
God Bless and Stay Healthy,
Rev. Jenny Anderson